Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Discoveries/Chris Guillebeau

I started reading Gretchen Rubin's Happiness Project blog about a year ago on Slate and it became my daily lunchtime fix. One of the things she does that resonates with me is how she organizes ideas. I've learned a lot from her, including something as simple as illustrating my blog posts with a colorful image. Through Gretchen I discovered Chris Guillebeau. On the surface, Chris is a writer and a traveler. But a few weeks into reading his newsletter and sporadic epistles that pop into my mail box, I've realized what a gift he brings to his readers. As he puts it, he gives people the courage to do something remarkable with their lives.

Yesterday, his message truly struck home with me. Essentially, it was this:

You have to do. Not just think.

Our intentions have no impact. Our actions can effect change--for ourselves, for someone we love, for the world.

What will you do today?

No comments: